maandag 20 april 2015

Ready to go

Dear reader,

In the previous post I’ve told you about my research, what was still a bit theoretical... But in these weeks I’ll be conducting the practical part of my research; the actual interviews with students, lectures and businesses.

For the last couple of weeks I’ve interviewed several Dutch students who are following the Energy- and Process technology study program. The topics in these interviews were the way they saw their own study program and there view on international experiences within their study. The results were very promising; all the students saw the need for international experiences, but saw some obstacles in their way towards a research or minor abroad. In the following interviews, I’ll try to find a suited solution to these obstacles.

For the next couple of weeks I’ll be in Brazil for the Brazilian side of the story. What do Brazilian students want and what are the possibilities for an international exchange in Brazil?
With the help of the Living Lab Biobased Brazil and Nuffic I’ve made several appointments with the UFMG, PUC Minas and UFV. I’m also trying to visits some local businesses the the help of the NBSO office.

But before I could have booked my ticked for Belo Horizonte, I’ve had to do some preparations. Firstly a travel visa; The Brazilian Consulate in Rotterdam pointed out to me that as an Dutch Passport holder I don’t need a travel Visa, because my travel purpose is purely business related and under 90 days.
Secondly tickets and accommodation; It turned out that TAP has a daily connection from Lisbon (Portugal) to Belo Horizonte, so it wasn’t hard to find the right ticked. When the ticked was booked, I could make a hotel reservation at the Ibis hotel.
Lastly the incurrence; because I’m traveling for the HZ University, I’m covered by their incurrence. But normally you have to arrange this for yourself.

With all the preparations ready, I’m ready to go! But if you found something that I’ve might have missed, please let me know!

In the next post I will tell you about my first impressions of Brazil.

Until then,


Thijs

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten